This is not an original. I often hear this way back college during our recollections and retreats. I just summarized and added some. Read on…
Be a PENCIL:
1. Allow ALLAH The Most Loving Teacher to guide you as you write your story.
2. Your capacity to leave a mark comes from within.
3. Sharpening may be painful, but it brings out the best in you.
4. Mistakes are a part of life. Be humble enough to use your eraser.
5. Your eraser’s quite small and it will one day run out. Remember that there are things you won’t be able to erase, and you’d have to live with them forever.
6. There will always be someone who seems to be better than you…but why make comparisons or concern yourself too much with what they write? Focus on YOUR story. Focus on making YOUR mark. No one can do that for you except yourself.
7. Your lead one day will all be consumed. Make the most of it & remember that though you’ll never run out of opportunities to leave a mark while you’re still here, you do have limited time & opportunities to touch the same exact sheets of paper and make your mark there.
Be a blessed PENCIL! 🙂